Supporting Drive Toward a Cure via fundraising, Taste of Motorsports adds a Bondurant Driving School Event to its automotive calendar.
Taste of Motorsports is the Pacific Northwest’s premier automotive lifestyle event. The car enthusiast group will host 3 events in 2021, with the newest at the Bondurant High Performance Driving School in Chandler, AZ, on March 13-14.
The event will support the nationally renowned non-profit Drive Toward a Cure to benefit Parkinson’s Disease research and care. The event will include its well-received track day, car show, gourmet food extravaganza, and much more.
During the day on Saturday, Taste of Motorsports will host a scenic rally drive with a silent auction included in the event’s preview night that same evening.
All the info is below:
Tom Floyd, founder of the Taste of Motorsports, along with his wife Stephanie, are long-time successful event planners and the Northwest version of the Taste has effectively merged the luxury/exotic car world with the local community and car aficionados since its inception in 2018. This year, as the event series grows with two additional programs in Arizona and later this Fall at Sonoma Raceway in Northern California, the Taste will also continue in its hometown of Portland, Ore.
“While we are all missing those car-minded friends we look forward to seeing nationwide, many are still not quite ready to travel to events just yet — so we’re bringing an interactive car experience to their local community,” said Floyd. “And by integrating a wonderful cause into the overall weekend, we can also do some good and allow participants to play a significant role in helping those in need.” Funds raised for the Arizona weekend will benefit the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, a part of Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix and the newest recipient of Drive Toward a Cure’s ‘Access to Care’ funding.
According to Deb Pollack, founder of Drive Toward a Cure, the alignment of her charity with the Taste of Motorsports brings two like-minded organizations together – those that appreciate the camaraderie of the car community. “Our goal has always been to create a movement through the large yet incestuous car population, that can grow awareness, and lead to a cure for Parkinson’s. We’ve raised more than a half million dollars since our beginnings in 2016, and shown that driving has never meant more,” said Pollack.
“There’s a common thread ranging from racing legends to those who can just enjoy a nice scenic drive, that touches Parkinson’s disease – and the truth is, it seems everyone has been moved by this debilitating disease in some way or knows someone that has been challenged and we are taking a very visual means to spread awareness and raise funds for those that require significant patient care.”
Itinerary of Events for Taste of Motorsports Arizona:
Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Charity Drive (9am) – Drive Toward a Cure Rally – a four-hour tour of the beautiful Arizona region – 100 percent of tour registration fee is tax deductible to benefit Parkinson’s disease – registration fee is $250 per car https://www.drivetowardacure.org/tom/az2021
- Taste Preview Party & Silent Auction – tickets limited to 50 guests for an all-inclusive evening affair. Silent auction will benefit Drive Toward a Cure
Sunday, March 14, 2021 – all day at Bondurant High-Performance Driving School
- All tickets can be purchased at: https://tasteofmotorsports.motorsportreg.com/events/taste-of-motorsports-bondurant-639135 ranging from:
- All Access Guest Pass, provides full access to the on track ‘Demo Experience’, Gourmet Food Experience and Concours d’Elegance
- Reserve a premium space to display your vehicle in the judged Concours d’Elegance – or simply attend the luxurious experience where attendees collaborate with car owners and experts of high-performance automobiles.
- Super Cruise Drive Groups – designed for drivers who own a performance car but don’t often find an opportunity to drive on track – a limited 50 spots will be sold and broken into three (3) groups on track – includes access to Gourmet Food experience all day plus two (2) complimentary cocktails following all driving experiences.
Floyd noted “No other event matches Taste’s combination of offerings with the opportunity to experience and explore a curated collection of exotic cars, savor delicious gourmet food and drink, and socialize with others who enjoy a rarified lifestyle and understand the passion for luxury automobiles. Our attendees are a balance of enthusiasts, car collectors and families – folks that can appreciate the design, engineering, and value these type of vehicles inspire.”